Day Six - A Lack of Silence

Yesterday, aside from a lovely start to the day of croissants and presents - it was my birthday - I spent the entire day in the car driving to some governor training and driving home again.

The day itself has been really good content-wise but that was hampered by...





  • Airless room
  • Strip lighting
  • No natural lighting
  • Lots of input
  • Surrounded by strangers
  • No space.




Today has been nose to tail... a walk, morning prayer (an oasis) and a Said Mass, the rest of the day has been desk based in front of a computer sorting admin, arranging meetings, preparing liturgy, and arranging pastoral catch ups.


The result?


My brain is full and I feel a bit emotionally bruised.




I've been reminded that two days of input, with people, on the go all the time, with little space is not good for my wellbeing.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Four - Silence and Wellbeing

The Work of Silence - An Act of Rebellion

The Prayer of the Heart - A sort of repost